Migrating WhatsApp Accounts
The migration process means that a phone number that is already registered in the WhatsApp Business API can be moved between WhatsApp Business API accounts. This allows for businesses to change BSP's (Business Solution Provider) or move their number to a new account, but only if the source and destination Facebook Business Manager IDs are the same. After being migrated, a phone number keeps its display name, quality rating, messaging limits, Oﬃcial Business Account status, and any quality message templates previously approved as soon as they do not exceed the maximum capacity of templates per WABA (250 max).
Template Messages and chat history migration Only the high-quality message templates are migrated on this process. In practice, they are copied to the destination WABA. These templates do not need to go through review again and can be sent immediately. Low quality, rejected, or pending templates are not migrated. Any existing message templates in the destination WABA will not be overwritten. Messages and chat history are not migrated with this process.
Billing Migration Messages sent before migration are charged to the source BSP. Messages sent after migration are charged to the destination BSP. Messages sent from the source that are not delivered before migration are still charged to the source BSP when they get delivered.
Official Business Accounts (Green Badge) Official Business Accounts (OBA's) can be migrated between WABA's. The only requirement is that the two-factor authentication requires to be disabled during the migration process. It can be re-enabled after the number is migrated.
- You must have physical access to be able to receive and verify a 6 Digit PIN code through SMS or Voice Call per every number to be migrated.
- The WhatsApp Business Account connected to the number to be ported must be verified by Facebook. Accounts and numbers in "Sandboxed" mode cannot be migrated.
- Two-Factor Verification must be disabled for the number. You need to request the old BSP to disable Two-Factor Verification (2FA).
- Please keep in mind, you can only migrate numbers in between the same business. This means the Facebook Business ID must be identical, from the BSP you are migrating with and the new account you have with Connectly. We will need a screenshot of this business ID, so we can ensure the migration can be carried on. You can verify your Facebook ID by following the steps detailed here.
- 1.Request the BSP that currently manages the WhatsApp account to disable Two-Factor Verification (2FA)
- 2.Get confirmation that 2FA is disabled on the current setup
- 3.Create a new business on connectly at connectly.ai/signup
- 4.Login to inbox.connectly.ai and click on Connect WhatsApp button
- 5.Follow all the steps to create a WhatsAppm Business account. IMPORTANT you have to select the same Facebook Business Manager ID for the new account. If the Business Manager only has access to it but is not the owner, the migration will not work. You can understand how to discover this Facebook Business ID here.
- 6.IMPORTANT Do not add the phone number at the last step.
- 7.Write an email to [email protected] with the Subject: Migrate WhatsApp account and add the Business Name
- 8.Connectly will then do the migration on your behalf and coordinate a time that suits you to check the OTP code that will be sent as an SMS or phone call to the migrated phone number.